THE CHURCH ON THE HILL AND THE CHURCH ON THE PLAIN
High Street Road Worship Centre
482 High Street Road, Mount Waverley 3149
Office: 9887 8239
Current Office Hours:
Tuesday 9 am–12 noon
Wednesday 10 am-2 pm
Thursday 10 am–3 pm
Virginia Street Worship Centre
37-43 Virginia Street, Mount Waverley 3149
Office: 9888 2295
(Office closed – see High Street Road Office times)
Together as One Congregation
The Church on the Hill and the Church on the Plain are now one Church in Community!
High Street Road and St John’s Uniting Churches have now officially become the Mount Waverley Uniting Church and our outreach to the community and those in need has been strengthened by our collaboration. We are overjoyed that this has come to be and give heartfelt thanks to God!
At Mount Waverley Uniting Church, we continue to worship at both sites alternately every Sunday. We welcome all who come through our doors and look forward to seeing you.
Details of our worship times and locations can be found here.
Current situation regarding masks
Church Council met on 25 October 2022 and, after review, has revised its policy on the wearing of face masks during worship services to the following:
- Church Council Strongly Recommends the wearing of face masks during worship services, particularly while singing, to help protect all members of our vulnerable community from COVID-19. Previously, this was Mandatory.
The Victorian Government recently ended the pandemic declaration and introduced changes to its COVID-19 restrictions.
These took effect from 13 October and include:
- Five day isolation following positive COVID-19 test now Strongly Recommended, also until you don’t have any symptoms. Previously, this was Mandatory
- Reporting positive COVID-19 RAT test now Strongly Recommended. Previously, this was Mandatory.
- Wearing a face mask if you are with people who may be vulnerable to COVID-19 now Recommended. Previously, this was Strongly Recommended. This can help protect you and those around you.
- Every Victorian business or organisation with on-site operations MUST still maintain a COVID-19 Safe Plan. This is a responsibility of our Church Council.
The responsibility for preventing the spread of COVID-19 now rests mainly with organisations and individuals. Thank you everyone for continuing to consider others as well as yourselves in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For further information regarding the Government’s revised COVID-19 directives, please visit Victorian Government changes to Pandemic Management Plan
Covid-safe plans are still in place and although proof of immunisation is no longer legally mandated for places of worship, we do ask that everyone who attends is double vaccinated and encourage you to have had at least one booster.
Online or Virtual worship recording will continue indefinitely. This can be accessed at any time by anyone through the following link:
Details of our informal Sunday evening worship and discussion can be found here.